<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

And the Hypocritical Bullshit Continues to Fly... 

Republicans have a lot to say about scandalous behavior -- until it's committed by one of their own. To wit, John Kerry has already commented on George Bush's lame jokes concerning WMDs. In short, Kerry rightfully wonders how a president can make light of the non-reason that brought this country to war. Imagine if FDR had made public jokes about Pearl Harbor -- "Gosh, where'd our battleships go? Oops. They're all underwater. Heh heh heh..."

Of course, the second Kerry (or Clinton or any Democrat) is reported (secondhand) to have said anything controversial or humorous, or whatever, the Repugs are ready to jump on it with judgment. Which is why a reporter's recentexchange with Donald Rumsfeld concerning the matter is so telling. Here's the money quote:
RUMSFELD: I think you would have to -- to know what I would think, I would have had to be there. I think the context of those evenings -- I wasn't there, as you said, but I think I've attended in previous years on occasion and I just am not in a position to be judgmental about that.

Indeed, Mr. Rumsfeld, if you weren't there, you are in no position to be judgmental. Just remember that the next time John Kerry is reported to have said anything -- and then shut the fuck up.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?