<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Misplaced Patriotism 

Thanks to Buzzflash, here's a reader letter from human rights lawyer Jimmy Lohman to his brother-in-law which should be forwarded by every sane American to all of their rightwing leaning, "My country right or wrong" friends and relatives:
I have wondered many times during this escalating ordeal what you would have done had you lived in Germany in the 1930's. Would you have been a good Nazi in the same way that you are a good American? Would you ever have possessed the objectivity or detachment, even after the war and the liberation of the death camps, to step back and say, "My God. How did I let that happen?" I knew you would scoff at a comparison that today seems less and less remote.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?