<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Apolitical Moment 

This has nothing to do with politics, but I thought it was hilarious, so I'm linking here: Alex Blagg does the beatdown on DJs, and I agree with him. Most of these glorified record jockeys I've met are so self-important and arrogant that I think they need the constant reminder: your sole talent is playing recordings of other people's music, get over yourselves. In the ranks of "people with no useful skills who get way too much attention," DJs are right up there with professional athletes, TV Anchorpeople and most elected officials.

So, a tip of the hat and kudos to Mr. Blagg, who says what I'm sure a lot of us think every time we encounter one of these spinmonkeys in a club or wedding or bar mitzvah. (Plus, Blagg lives in San Francisco, which is one of the greatest cities on the planet.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?