<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Damn You, Carl's Jr. 


An apt headline for so many reasons, but only one of which I'll write now. And let me preface this one for the marketing geniuses at Carl's -- I had to go online to look up exactly which company the ad in question is shilling for. How's that for effective, huh?

Anyway, this commercial is apparently running in both Carl's and Hardee's markets. It's the one with the guy shaking the cow to the tune of Sean Paul's Get Busy --
Yo, shake that thing
Miss kana kana shake that thing
Yo, annabella shake that thing
Miss donna donna
Yo miss jodi yu’r di one and rebecca shake that thing

Yo shake that thing
Yo joanna shake that thing
Yo annabella shake that think
Miss kana kana
It's a catchy tune and a funny image but, goddammit, it's an uhrworm. That is, a song that gets into your head and then won't go away.

So, the upshot of all this is that I've had that tune running through my head on and off for days, along with the image of the cow guy, with no idea what product it was selling. But it certainly doesn't make me want to run out and buy a shake at Carl's. Why should I, when a better, cheaper milkshake is as close as my fridge and blender?

Anyway, memo to Hardee's: your ad is only effective at annoying people and promoting mild cow abuse. Then again, given your main product line, I suppose that's better than having set the thing in an abbatoir.

I can't wait for this ad campaign to be retired...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?