<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whoring the Bloggers 

I received an interesting email tonight, which promised me -- ooh, cash payment -- if I would review -- favorably, presumably -- some commercial service website which I've never heard of and which has nothing to do with the subject matter of this blog.

I politely informed them that they could remove me from their mailing list and, if they wanted to find people who would disguise advertising as editorial content, they should try the whores of the mainstream media.

So... I'm offering an anti-review, or at least a warning to other bloggers. If you receive an email from http://www.seoblogreviews.com, politely tell them to fuck off. We've seen what this kind of crap did to destroy the credibility of the mainstream media. We don't need it happening here. (That was not the site I was asked to review -- they don't deserve a mention. But they are the company handling the review placement. Be warned.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?